Geghi is a medieval fort-mansion, which is located in the Mazaz province of the Airarat province, on the right shore of the Azat River (Ararat district). It was first mentioned by Hovhannes Draskhanakertsi (9-10cc) as a Bagratuni’s «clan field». In the 11c. it passed to the Pahlavuni’s and in 12-13c. to the Proshyan’s. As reported in the Draskhanakertsi, that in 924 Geghi was attacked by the Beshir commander and was later himself beaten by Gevorg Marzpetuni. The last time Geghi was mentioned was in 1224, when after losing the battle near Garni, Ivane Zakaryan found his shelter there. The fort is well preserved presently. It was built on the top of a high mountain so it is unreachable from three sides. On the north-eastern side there are stretched walls, which have 2-2.5 m width and towers 8-10 m. high. Inside the fort there are ruins of a church and other buildings.
The Geghi fortress was also mentioned by Muratsan in his historical novel «Gevorg Marzpetuni».